Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County
We Are Open By Phone  

Our services include mediations, facilitations, trainings, restorative practices, Behavior Health Ombuds, and Mandatory Co-Parenting Seminar all offered through an interactive online platform. Call the DRC for more information. 360-698-0968

Find out what our clients are saying. Click here to read testimonials.


From our mediation clients:
What was the best part of participating in this mediation process?

read more

Bridges Behavioral Health Ombuds Service

What is Ombuds? Washington State established an independent Ombuds service to create a bridge between the client, their concerns or issues, and the providers of mental health and substance use services. Ombuds can provide information, assistance, and support to you for grievance resolution, appeals, and the fair hearing process.

What is the purpose? The Ombuds purpose is to assist consumers in resolving complaints quickly and to help providers and consumers work together to ensure dignified, quality service.

Who is eligible? Clallam, Jefferson and Kitsap County residents who are eligible, or receiving, publicly funded behavioral health services may use the Ombuds Service. Family members, or others, trying to access publicly funded services, are also eligible for services.

What is the cost? There is no cost to the clients to use this service.

What can Ombuds do for me?

  • Assist you in navigating the Behavioral Health System.
  • Help you find the information you need to access the appropriate services.
  • Assist you in contacting the right person or department to help resolve a problem.
  • If an issue cannot be resolved we can assist you in filing a grievance.
  • We can provide support during the grievance and fair hearing process.
  • Follow through to see that your concerns are resolved and that you are kept informed of the process.
  • Provide you with information and education on your client rights.
  • Connect you with consumer rights services.
  • Connect you to other resources in the community.

What CAN'T the Ombuds Service do?

  • Provide behavioral health counseling or case management services.
  • Obtain information on your behalf without your written consent.
  • Ensure any specific outcome.
  • Give legal advice or represent you as an attorney would.
  • Enforce a recommendation.

Consumer Rights:  Click here for a full listing of your rights.

Click here for a printable brochure.

Please contact the Ombuds office at 360.692.1582 or
888-377-8174 for more information about this service.
Our confidential fax number is: 360.692.1595.

Return to Bridges Behavioral Health Ombuds

Contact Us  |  © 2007-2021  Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County  |  9004 Washington Ave. NW, Silverdale WA 98383
Phone |  360.698.0968 or 206.842.3215 
Employment |  View our Privacy Policy  |  DRC Members Only Forum  | Site by CGR Consulting